By popular request, the Rock River Anything That Floats Race steering committee has extended the 2018 race entry deadline to Monday, August 6 at 6:00 PM. We are already well over last year's entry total, but heard from several teams who had not quite made the deadline before registration was closed. So, if you procrastinated just a little too long this year, paddle on over to our Rules & Regulations page for information and Registration page to register your raft online today. It's also not too late to volunteer to help on race day. Just visit our Volunteer page.
Remember, land lubbers; new in 2018, is a new race category for Hulled Craft! From canoes to row boats to ski boats to pontoons, teams can use hulls in the creation of a raft, or just decorate a boat in a creative manner as they wish. Hulled boats will compete against each other for speed in their own division and against DIY made-from-scratch rafts in the Judges Choice and Peoples Choice categories. NO motors are allowed.
All raft captains, take heed! Remember to attend the Race Captains Meeting on Monday, August 6th at 6:00 PM at Prairie Street Brewing Co.
Also, Chuck-a-Ducks are still available at City Market at the B103 Radio Station booth, Prairie Street Brewing Co., BMO Harris Bank Center Box Office, the Go Rockford office and all Rock Valley Credit Union locations! Buying Chuck-a-Ducks is a great way to support the race and the causes the race supports - not to mention having a chance to win up to $1,000!
Sunday, August 12 Race Day Schedule
- 10:00 AM – Raft sign-in begins
- 10:00 Live radio remote, entertainment, food, and drinks at race start line area on Illinois Street near old Coast Guard Station
- 11:30 AM – Raft race registration ends
- 12:00 PM – Anything That Floats Raft Race begins!
- 12:00 - 1:30 PM - The Gilligans perform live for spectators from a raft patrolling the river
- 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Dirty Fishnet Stockings perform at Prairie Street Brewing Co finish line
- 3:30 - Chuck-a-Duck Drop off Whitman St. Bridge
- 4:30 - Awards Ceremony at Prairie Street Brewing Co finish line